Sunday, December 4, 2011

Snow Day and Santa

The first snow this winter was just what we ordered. Enough fluffy white stuff to get excited and set the mood for Christmas, but it melted as soon as it hit the semi-warm ground. Being a somewhat planful and "must-document-everything" mother, I knew it was coming and I had a plan. The video recorder was in my pocket, my coat was buttoned and Henry's was waiting at the door for the moment he woke from his nap. His reaction to the first snow would be amazing (like everything else he does) and I was going to capture it! As usual, he had a different plan. I scooped him up from his crib, practically flew down the stairs and headed for the door. Before we even reached the kitchen his eyes widened, he pointed his tiny finger, and said...."Whoa!" And the recorder was safely tucked in my back pocket. Such is life. Click here to watch the video taken moments later.

The whirlwind of holiday parties is in full swing and Henry's first encounter with Saint Nick was this past Saturday at his friend Theo's house. The picture says it all...

...needless to say, Henry was less than thrilled to sit on Santa's lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment